Trump Tweets: Best of 2017
By Brooke Flatford
February 24, 2017
It makes us laugh and it makes us cry. No, I am not talking about The Notebook, I am referring to Donald Trump’s twitter account. Here are a few of the best - and worst - Trump tweets of 2017.
In response to a circuit court judge blocking his travel ban, Trump tweeted:
Trump has several celebrity debacles, but he has narrowed in on some stars in particular.
2. “I know Mark Cuban well. He backed me big-time but I wasn’t interested in taking all of his calls. He’s not smart enough to run for president.”
3. “Yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger did a really bad job as Governor of California and even worse on the Apprentice… but at least he tried hard!”
However, he always takes up for his family and friends who are being taken down in the media.
4. “My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!”
5. “What an amazing comeback and win by the Patriots. Tom Brady, Bob Kraft and Coach B are total winners. Wow!”
Donald Trump was eager to call out “fake news” stories and sources which were bringing him down.
6. “Don’t believe the mainstream (fake news) media. The White House is running VERY WELL. I inherited a MESS and am in the process of fixing it.”
7. “I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it. Some FAKE NEWS media, in order to marginalize, lies!”
8. “The fake news media is going crazy with their conspiracy theories and blind hatred. @MSNBC & @CNN are unwatchable. @foxandfriends is great!”
9. “The Democrats had to come up with a story as to why they lost the election, and so badly (306), so they made up a story - RUSSIA. Fake news!”
Trump demanded an apology from the New York Times for leaking information, which he begged other news sources to do to Clinton while still campaigning.
10. “Leaking, and even illegal classified leaking, has been a big problem in Washington for years. Failing @nytimes (and others) must apologize!”
In the end, Trump does keep it fairly political while discussing the Democratic party and his new policies.
11. “Nancy Pelosi and Fake Tears Chuck Schumer held a rally at the steps of The Supreme Court and mic did not work (a mess) - just like Dem party!”
12. “If the ban were announced with a one week notice, the ‘bad’ would rush into our country during that week, A lot of bad ‘dudes’ out there!”
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah has created a browser extension to change Donald Trump’s tweets into a child’s handwriting:
Make America Eight Again
Make America Eight Again