Top 10 Spring Break Activities
By Yeni Martinez
March 14 2015
1. Bowling- Fountain Lanes Strike & Spare is on Broadway and is a fun local hang out spot. The cost is normally around 10 dollars, however on Thursday it’s dollar night
2. College Visit- It’s never too late to start thinking about what college you will attend. Pellissippi Community College is offering tours during spring break.Sign up on their website. http://www.pstcc.edu/
3. Parks- There are plenty of parks around Knoxville you and your friends can go to. this is a fun way to spend some quality time with your friends. Even better, it is FREE to do.
4. Museum Of Art- The museum offers new art and new ideas. It educates and serves a diverse community, enhances Knoxville’s quality of life and economic development. Admission is free from Tuesday through Saturday from 10 AM-5 PM and Sundays 1 PM-5 PM.
5. Late Night Bonfires- High school flashes before your eyes, so why not enjoy it with friends? Bonfires at night is a good way to just relax and talk about all the crazy things you plan on doing or have done in the past.
6. Volunteer- There are plenty of volunteer opportunities around Knoxville. Volunteering looks great on college and scholarship applications. Check out the link below for some opportunities.
7.Gatlinburg - Pigeon Forge - Sevier County- Take a trip to Gatlinburg and be a tourist for a day. There are several activities to enjoy along your drive there. Take a break for a day and go to the great outlet mall and shop.
8.Market Square- Get a group of friends together to go have lunch and take a stroll through Market Square.
9. The Knoxville Zoo- If you enjoy animals, Knoxville Zoo is the place for you. Visitors of all ages can get an intimate view of the zoo's female Komodo dragon, Khaleesi, in a new 1,000 square-foot indoor/outdoor habitat. The cost is $19.95 for adults.
10. Walking Tour- If you’re into mysteries, then Shadow Side Ghost Tour would be your kind of tour. In this tour, you will walk along the streets of downtown Knoxville and hear all the local legends of scary spooks and supernatural phenomena. The tour last 90 minutes and the cost is $15 dollars per person and reservations are required. http://knoxvillewalkingtours.com/ghost-html/